Enterprise Network Reliability Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
How do you scale to a multiple billions of users? From the patch of dirt we build an office on to the custom WIFI into employeeâ€™s houses instead of needing to VPN, there is a lot behind facebook.com. In honoring our hacker roots and challenging convention we build the technical foundation of Facebook. Network Reliability Engineers have responsibility to design, deploy and manage the global enterprise network on a variety of cutting-edge platforms, including those being developed at Facebook as well as from multiple vendors. A candidate must have a strong technical background, be innovative and agile, collaborate well in a team environment, and have very strong communication skills â€" a visionary who challenges the status quo and believes that collaboration technologies can level-up productivity. This is a full time position based in our London office.
- Be both an effective people manager and a highly technical, hands-on engineer with deep technical experience in networking, systems and software
- Help define, and drive development of an aggressive technical roadmap to build, scale, deploy and support our global network infrastructure
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Proven hands-on technical management
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage teams of network/software engineers
- Sound knowledge of network fundamentals
- Able to code or script well in at least one language
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top