Enterprise Network Reliability Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
How do you scale to a multiple billions of users? From the patch of dirt we build an office on to the custom WIFI into employee's houses instead of needing to VPN, there is a lot behind facebook.com. In honoring our hacker roots and challenging convention we build the technical foundation of Facebook. Facebook is looking to expand its existing team focused on internal network engineering. How do you scale to a multiple billions of users? From the patch of dirt we build an office on to the custom WIFI into employee's houses instead of needing to VPN, there is a lot behind facebook.com. In honoring our hacker roots and challenging convention we build the technical foundation of Facebook. Network Reliability Engineers have the responsibility to design, deploy and manage the global enterprise network on a variety of cutting-edge platforms, including those being developed at Facebook as well as from multiple vendors. A candidate must have a strong technical background, be innovative and agile, collaborate well in a team environment, and have very strong communication skills - a visionary who challenges the status quo and believes that collaboration technologies can level-up productivity.
- Design and deploy new network architectures.
- Define, develop and own backend services and systems such as monitoring, management and alerting, for a complex enterprise network environment that is growing at an unprecedented pace.
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, live.
- Share an on-call rotation supporting the network.
- Experience managing long term, project & milestone based work with teams and independently
- Extremely sound knowledge of network fundamentals. Operational and troubleshooting experience with Layer 2 Switching protocols such as STP, RSTP, MSTP, 802.1[d|s|w], or 802.1x and Layer 3 Routing protocols and features such as OSPF, ISIS, BGP, ECMP and VRFs/Routing-Instances.
- Able to code or script well in at least one language.
- Ability to rapidly learn new languages, frameworks and APIs.
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything.
- Experience using Unix Operating Systems (Linux, FreeBSD, Darwin, etc).
- Analytical and troubleshooting experience in global Enterprise Networks
- Experience with VPNs (DVMRP, GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs,), Wireless (802.1a/b/g/n), Global and Local Server Load-Balancing (GLB/SLB) or Multicast (PIM-SM, MSDP, IGMP)
Back to top