Enterprise Database Engineer Intern
Enterprise Engineering is looking for a Database Engineer Intern. Our customers are Facebook's employees, and we support the systems they rely on to keep the business growing and information safe. We use a combination of open source and off-the-shelf technologies, plus many of the tools developed to run facebook.com. You will be responsible for growing the database environment by solving high availability, performance and infrastructure problems at scale.
ENTERPRISE DATABASE ENGINEER INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, scale, and secure Facebook's corporate infrastructure, focusing specifically on the database systems
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and database technologies and make them work well together
- Apply modern engineering methodologies such as infrastructure as code, Linux container orchestration and HA/DR to scale Facebook's rapidly growing Enterprise infrastructure
- Find ways to leverage the scale and complexity of the larger facebook.com infrastructure to solve problems for Enterprise customers
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented, and train others to take on operations.
- Experience administering database infrastructure (MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Experience administering a Linux environment
- Experience coding in at least one programming language
- Ability to learn new development languages (Python, PHP, C++, Ruby, or Go)
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Knowledge of monitoring and configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef
- Knowledge of configuration and maintenance traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a BS/MS degree in CS, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Intent to return to a full-time degree program after completion of internship
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Automation Engineer Intern
- Hardware Product Engineer, Analytics Intern
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Network Automation Engineer Intern, Infrastructure Data Centers
- Robotics Front End Engineering Intern, Infrastructure Data Centers
- Supply Chain Intern, Network Hardware Planning
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Supply Chain Network Sourcing Intern
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top