Enterprise Application Developer, EdMod Labs
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Education Modernization (EdMod) group at Facebook applies Facebook technology, knowledge and services to advance K-12 education. Areas of focus are TechStart (techstart.fb.com (http://techstart.fb.com/)) and Engineer for the Week (https://engineerfortheweek.fb.com/). TechStart focuses on creating future opportunities through CS for primarily low income high school student populations. Engineer for the Week guides after-school program participants though engineering sprints to demystify the world of technology and teach how to build working tech products. EdMod initiatives put students first and one of EdMod's most significant opportunities is to create positive impact for students through leverage of technology and products Facebook is uniquely well suited to deploy, manage and develop in support of education.
The Enterprise Application Developer will work on EdMod Labs, an engineering and product unit on EdMod. Early work will focus on implementing and extending EdMod's Salesforce deployment to surface analytics insights, spur audience engagement, and automate key strategic processes for the TechStart program. The individual will eventually play a lead role in designing, developing, and maintaining new strategically critical integrations and features for EdMod. Examples include: pipelines for integrating Facebook Groups, Facebook Pages, and the Salesforce platform; deploying tools to engage with educators via text, Facebook Messenger, or other platforms; adding more sophisticated analytics to our WordPress sites; and more. The Enterprise Application Developer will have the opportunity to directly engage with education partners on a national scale while identifying, deploying, and iterating on key integration and tooling features.
The individual will be critical in advancing not only the internal processes of EdMod, but also EdMod's capability to scale grassroots programs and technology education to a worldwide scale.
The role is full-time and located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Build and integrate tools across the EdMod and Facebook stack with a focus on analytics, engagement, and automations. Salesforce will be a focus. Additional platforms include: Facebook, WordPress, Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.
- Collaborate with teammates to identify, prioritize, iteratively develop, and deliver new features for EdMod's team and program audiences.
- Architect highly available, automated, scalable, and secure systems.
- Build interfaces for complex systems and high-quality tools to be leveraged by EdMod teammates.
- Be a highly-technical hands-on application developer, with an interest in developing as a technical project owner.
- Act as an advocate for new solutions that support the team vision and enable teammates to be more productive.
- Leverage our presence with students to create smooth onboarding paths to technology-centered experiences.
- 2+ years experience with Salesforce (Apex, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, etc.) and hands-on technical work in customizing and delivering solutions on the platform
- Experience with data management - structured and unstructured DBs, SQL and RDBMS technologies, etc.
- Experience scoping, implementing, and maintaining technical projects
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience operating independently and delivering results in an organized manner
- Experience sharing responsibilities and objectives with peers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent experience
- Experience and interest in the education industry
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Experience in applying technology for the improvement of learning experiences
Back to top