Engineering Program Manager, Product Design (Portal)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content.
The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. The Portal Hardware team seeks an Engineering Program Manager who has experience as an EPM in consumer electronics and mobile products. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Engineering Program Manager for Portal Product Design team
- End-to-end ownership and coordination of product design team activities from product concept through launch
- Lead collaboration with industrial design team and cross-functional engineering teams to realize mechanical product vision
- Contribute to product design process and best practices for the organization
- Collaborate closely with the Portal manufacturing operations team and Asia-based partners
- Drive multiple mechanical component vendors and activities at our final assembly house from initial prototype through ramp
- International travel to suppliers
- BS in mechanical engineering or knowledge of manufacturing processes
- 2+ years of hands-on engineering program management experience, driving mechanical components as an individual contributor
- Experience with consumer electronics design and manufacturing processes (injection molding, stamping, die cutting, CNC)
- Experience working with CM/JDM/ODM partners and component level suppliers
Back to top