Engineering Program Manager, Product Design
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Portal, we are building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. The Portal Hardware team seeks an Engineering Program Manager, Product Design who has experience leading a cross-functional team to deliver consumer electronics and mobile products at scale. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, best-in-class communication skills, and a well-rounded technical understanding of mechanical design principles. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As the Engineering Program Manager, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- End-to-end ownership of engineering program activities from product concept to launch.
- Lead collaboration with industrial design team and cross-functional engineering teams to realize mechanical architecture and product vision.
- Contribute to product design process and best practices for the organization.
- Collaborate closely with the manufacturing operations team and Asia-based partners.
- Drive multiple mechanical component vendors and activities at our final assembly house from initial prototype through ramp.
- International travel to suppliers.
- 3+ years of engineering program management experience, driving mechanical components as an individual contributor.
- Experience with consumer electronics design and manufacturing processes (injection molding, stamping, die cutting, CNC).
- Experience working with CM/JDM/ODM partners and component level suppliers.
- BS degree in mechanical engineering, computer science or related fields or equivalent work experience.
Back to top