Engineering Program Manager, Building 8
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses.
The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks an Engineering Program Manager who has experience in EPM teams for consumer electronics and mobile products. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Engineering Program Management for Building 8.
- End-to-end ownership of engineering program activities from product concept to launch.
- Contribute to product design process and best practices for the organization.
- Collaborate closely with the Building 8 Program Management and NPI organizations.
- Leverage ODM/CMs to maximize the focus of our internal resources on adding value and differentiation to our product.
- BS or MS in Hardware Engineering or related fields.
- Hands-on engineering program management experience, driving key programs as an individual contributor.
- Experience with consumer electronics products, mobile platforms and audio and video technologies.
- Experience working with ODM and CM, as well as JDM development.
Back to top