Engineering Program Manager
At Portal, we are building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. The Portal Hardware team seeks an Engineering Program Manager who has experience leading a cross-functional team to deliver consumer electronics and mobile products at scale. You'll be a critical member of the Hardware team, removing barriers to your team's success, communicating progress to all stakeholders and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific technical issues. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to tackle unfamiliar situations with curiosity and tenacity, while able to inspire and influence team members at different levels of experience. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
ENGINEERING PROGRAM MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- End-to-end ownership of engineering program activities from product concept to launch.
- Operate at different levels of abstraction from high level strategic planning to tactical project management including task prioritization and delineation of schedules, milestones, and key deliverables.
- Break down the technical complexities of programs to enable clear understanding of scope and deliverables to a wider audience of leadership, core team members, and cross-functional partners.
- Present program milestones and updates to leadership, distilling key program information and highlighting risks.
- Contribute to product development process and best practices for the organization.
- Leverage ODM/CMs to maximize the focus of our internal resources on adding value and differentiation to our product.
- Drive the execution of the plan and manage the day to day activities of the program.
- Expect to travel domestically and internationally, ~4-6 times a year.
- 5+ years experience as an Engineering Program Manager in consumer electronics.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on engineering program management experience, driving key programs as an individual contributor.
- Experience with consumer electronics products, mobile platforms and audio and video technologies.
- Experience working in different vendor engagement models (including ODM, JDM, and/or CM).
- Experience working in a JDM engagement model.
- MS in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or related fields.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top