Engineering Operations Manager, Research (Oculus)
Our goal at Facebook Reality Labs is to envision, research, and build consumer-targeted virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences that further Facebook's mission of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. To do this, we are building a team of researchers and engineers spanning a wide range of expertise, including: optics, displays, audio, sensing, computer vision, scene reconstruction, graphics, animation, UX, haptics, machine learning and optimization, software and hardware engineering, social interaction, perceptual psychology and material sciences.
The Engineering Operations Manager will manage and drive operations excellence within our research programs.
The role will involve managing all of FRL's display fabrication resources to deliver state of the art display prototypes for AR and VR devices.
The job is particularly suited to a person with strong technical and operations management experience and a drive to get the job done on time and to target.
- Own engineering and operations for state of the art display systems in a research environment.
- Partner closely with a world class display systems research team to deliver generations of display hardware.
- Partner closely with new product introduction team to scale product line development.
- Drive engineering and operations strategic planning and decision making to advance business goals.
- Drive quality management systems to achieve engineering and operational excellence.
- Provide technical and operational support to technical leads.
- Provide communications to key stakeholders.
- Organise growth and scale-up in the areas of human resources, technical capability and infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Technical program and people management experience in the display, semiconductor, or related industry
- Clear communication skills and experience working with highly technical teams
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse, cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems
Back to top