Engineering Manager,Server (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. We want the most creative and experienced engineering leaders to join us in making the world more open and connected. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. We're looking for Software Engineering Managers with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on and effective people manager.
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts.
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management.
- 5+ years coding in one of the following languages: Erlang, C, C++, Java or Go server code.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams.
- Work with multi-node cluster handling live traffic.
- Scale servers and networks to handle millions of users.
- Understanding of Unix internals (especially FreeBSD and Linux).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, experience with network programming.
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems.
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years relevant work experience).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top