Engineering Manager: System Software, Portal
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebookâ€™s mission of connecting the world.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead engineering teams that are building Android Frameworks, Android Foundations and System Experiences at Building 8. You'll bring experience leading highly-technical teams, a strong understanding of Android, and bringing cutting-edge products to market.
- Lead multiple engineering teams committed to building the next generation of social hardware products, applications and platforms
- Be both a technical leader and people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Partner closely with many Facebook internal partner teams to create shared roadmaps and deliver on the product vision
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day software development
- 10+ years of software engineering work experience, including 5+ years experience of hands-on technical management
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Android Frameworks and Middleware and System UI
- Experience building and leading a software organization through product design, delivery and commercialization of consumer electronics devices
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Experience in leading timeline, multi-partner initiatives
- Organizational, communication, coordination and multi-tasking experience
Back to top