Engineering Manager, Social VR
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Come be a part of a team passionate about creating the very best product for Facebook's billion users. As a Manager of Social VR Engineering, you will co-ordinate and manage a VR Product team at Facebook that are building the future of social interaction in virtual reality. You will help develop technology platform strategy, identify and manage partnership opportunities, and ensure operational success of the teams.This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park.
- Manage and support the product engineering team
- Help set and manage success metrics across team
- Identify opportunities to share technology across team
- Identify and manage partnership opportunities
- Support strongly opinionated product leaders and their engineering teams to ensure their success
- 5+ years of experience in software development, including hands-on technical management
- 5+ years coding in one of the following languages: C++, Java, and/or PHP
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years relevant work experience)
- Experience in unity and/or other standard game engines and 3D authoring tools (e.g. Maya)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top