Engineering Manager, Secure Application Framework
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook product security team is responsible for the code level security of Facebook. We perform this mission via finding, fixing and preventing security flaws across our codebase.
The Secure Application Frameworks (SAF) team is responsible for the "prevention" bucket of our work and does this via building structures to provide a safe-by-default environment for every engineer in every codebase at the company. This is done via do so by creating coding patterns, frameworks, and abstractions that make it easier to write code, while making it harder to accidentally introduce security holes.
In this role, you will interact with all parts of the codebase and the company in the goal of solving entire categories of security flaws at their root and prevent them from happening ever again.
As such, the manager of this team should have a strong software engineering background, enjoy improving the quality and security of a codebase via large-scale refactors. They should be comfortable working across the company. They should be comfortable working across the company.
- Manage a team of engineers developing security solutions across Facebook products and services
- Build the team through personal growth and recruitment
- Design and help build codebase-wide protections and mitigations for security flaws, ex: a URL parsing library for SSRF
- Develop a roadmap for future work, track progress against it, and evaluate the team's performance
- Influence the design and implementation of upcoming products and services with security in mind
- Collaboratively and inclusively set direction for the team
- Lead effectively through outcomes rather than tasks
- 8+ years of work experience in software or security engineering, including 3+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience of software engineers and software engineering managers
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with security-related projects
- Exposure to performing scalable security work
Back to top