Engineering Manager - Product Security Assessments and Analysis
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook's Detection and Security Infrastructure team is responsible for developing the systems and software necessary to protect the data that billions of people entrust with the Facebook family of products, including Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus. A key component of the organization is the Product Security team whose mission is to make it easy to ship secure code and difficult to ship insecure code. We build the tools and run the programs that help eliminate security bugs in code. We are looking for a leader with strong organizational leadership skills, a background in product/application security, a demonstrated progression of management scope, and a passion for managing outstanding managers and engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Support a team of highly capable engineers and engineering managers that help product and infrastructure keep their code free from security bugs
- Support the product security organization in following through on their existing multi-year roadmap and help the organization define what comes next
- Work closely with engineering leaders across the company to help them prioritize security issues in their products
- Work closely with security leadership to help define company-wide security goals and ensure product security goals are properly represented and aligned
- Collaborate with leadership to define company-wide security risk thresholds and help teams balance product and security needs in their decision making
- Provide executive leadership with a consolidated view on the security of our products, roadmaps around product security, and key solutions being developed to address product security risk
- 10+ years of work experience in software or security engineering, including 5+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience of software engineers and software engineering managers
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- Technical experience across security disciplines â€" web applications, mobile, infrastructure, etc.
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders and business leaders
- Coding experience in at least one language (even if it is not one that Facebook uses)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Background in automated program analysis
- Experience running operational teams
Back to top