Engineering Manager, Privacy Products
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Privacy Transparency and Control Products team is building products to increase transparency and trust with our users. We aim to make people more aware what data we have about them, where we obtained it, what we're doing with it, and where possible to give them control over changing that behavior. You would manage a team of engineers building user-facing products on a variety of platforms. We are looking for a manager that is excited to enable the team to succeed, and to be passionate about representing the interests of the people using Facebook.
- Manage a team of at least 5 engineers
- Help to hire and grow the team
- Participate in roadmap development, coordinating with our cross-functional partners to create our path forward
- Help to facilitate discussion with a wide variety of engineering teams within the company, promoting privacy as a first order concern for all product development
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the engineers on the team
- Be able to advocate for the team's technical interests and needs
- 4+ years industry experience
- 1+ years experience as an engineering manager
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience building a team, hiring, and executing performance evaluation
- Experience building user-facing products
- Experience releasing products across multiple of Android, iOS, and browser environments
- Knowledge in privacy with experience with privacy related issues
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top