Engineering Manager, Privacy Incident Management
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Engineering Manager to manage and grow a team specializing in Privacy Incident Investigation. This critical team helps protect the security and privacy of nearly 3 billion people. As its leader, you will play a strategic role in advancing Facebook's mission of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together, by working with engineering teams to identify and neutralize threats that aim to collect sensitive information or disrupt our applications, as well as triage, mitigate, remediate, and learn from security/privacy incidents and application-level weaknesses found in our systems. You will also be a key partner to non-engineering teams, such as Legal and Policy, to ensure that incidents are accurately communicated and documented.
We are looking for a person with strong leadership skills, a background in Incident Response and product/application security or privacy, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment. The individual we seek will be comfortable working across the company and enjoy finding innovative ways to mitigate risk while protecting billions of Facebook users.
At Facebook, supporting our employees is a core part of how we do business. From our generous benefits to our robust diversity programs, we're focused on empowering all our employees to live life to the fullest and bring their best selves to work, each and every day. We're proud of our supportive and inclusive culture and our International Headquarter benefits from over 100 different nationalities. We are dedicated to making Facebook welcoming to everyone who comes to work with us and we actively seek to recruit people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions and better serve our clients.
- Support a team of highly capable engineers that provide end to end incident response for all privacy related incidents to our family of products
- Build the team through personal growth and recruitment
- Develop a roadmap for future work, track progress against it, and evaluate the team's performance
- Partner with engineering leaders across the company to help them prioritize privacy issues in their products and balance business goals
- Lead effectively through outcomes instead of tasks
- 5+ years of work experience in software or security engineering, including 1+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience of security engineers
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- Technical experience across security disciplines - web applications, incident response, privacy, code review
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders and business leaders
- Coding experience in at least one language (even if it is not one that Facebook uses)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Enthusiasm for the constant fight to ensure security and privacy on the internet
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, scoping, containing and eradicating real-world threats
- Knowledge of incident response phases and concepts
- Experience in developing, responding and analyzing technical security incident response for application and/or infrastructure breaches
- Knowledge of internet privacy and application security issues
- Experience managing large security or privacy incidents
- Contributions to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
- Background in automated program analysis
- Experience running operational teams
Back to top