Engineering Manager - Privacy & Data Use
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
We are looking for a strong leader to support and grow our Privacy Product team in Menlo Park, California. As a leader, you are expected to define and execute a strategy that continually raises the industry bar for how online services handle user data. You are able to build, grow, and motivate a high performing engineering team that is aggressive and creative. You are an effective communicator, regardless of audience or medium, and are able to explain complex privacy issues simply. You will play a pivotal part in rapidly growing a robust engineering organization tackling some of the hardest problems in the privacy space.
- Define and drive a cohesive, effective and defensible strategy that inspires the team and is easy to understand and communicate both internally and externally.
- Effectively scale the team by attracting and mentoring extraordinary people at various levels of experience to grow a well-balanced, high performing team.
- Deliver innovative solutions to minimize the dependence on human decision-making in implementing privacy practices.
- Empower and demonstrate the open Facebook engineering culture.
- Devoted to privacy and positively spread this enthusiasm to partner teams across the organization.
- Articulate privacy goals clearly and build consensus while avoiding theoretical or hypothetical arguments.
- Validated hands-on technical management experience
- Experience recruiting and leading software engineering teams
- Experience translating technical concepts into language for audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders and external privacy community members and press
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
Back to top