Engineering Manager, People AI
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense - and we're just getting started.
Our Zurich Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
Your job will be to both manage and partner with groups working across the full spectrum from research to product development, managing our technical investment portfolio supporting multiple products across different timelines. You will oversee and be responsible for a broad array of state-of-the-art technology areas, spanning Face Tracking, Face Filters, Body Tracking, Avatars, Virtual Try-Ons, all of which designed to run on client (edge) devices. Prospective candidates should have sufficient technical depth and breadth in the associated set of technologies to make portfolio management, resourcing and roadmap decisions.
ENGINEERING MANAGER, PEOPLE AI RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading an organization comprised of technology leaders, applied scientists and engineers from prototyping across development and integration of advanced systems relying heavily on Computer Vision and/or AI/Machine Learning technologies
- Owning the development of system requirements, and collaborating with respective teams to mature and integrate technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements
- Engaging cross-functionally with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, integration, infrastructure, and applications)
- Recruit world-class talent and provide mentorship to team members
- Working closely with various organizations to define and execute the long-term roadmaps
- Coordinating with research, user research, art, partnership and legal to both define and execute technology development with key partners & suppliers
- Developing and communicating technology development strategies and status
- Facilitating and working with teams to proactively alleviate project bottlenecks
- BS degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience of people management experience in multi-disciplinary global teams at the intersection of tech and product, including building performing teams and organization
- Experience supporting an engineering and research organization through technical leadership
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- Experience in managing teams productizing Computer Vision or AI/Machine Learning technologies from conception to end
- Leadership and interpersonal communication experience in working across many disciplines, drive best practices, and mentor team members
- Experience managing joint hardware-software development and associated rapid prototyping projects
- Technical experience in leading teams/projects in one or more of the technical domains of machine perception (i.e., machine vision, deep learning, sensors and robotics)
- PhD in a related field of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics or AI/Machine Learning
- Experience in leading teams developing social presence technologies such as face tracking, face filters, body tracking, avatars and virtual try-ons
- Experience in leading teams interfacing with HW (sensors, silicon) teams in setting requirements and product tradeoffs
- Flexibility and resilience in a dynamic environment
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top