Engineering Manager, Oculus Social Platform
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems and is reshaping how people experience entertainment, explore the universe and socialize with others. Come work alongside experts in software, hardware and research to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal.
The Oculus Social Platform team builds the key pieces that allow developers to focus on creating rich experiences and allows end users to move seamlessly between those experiences. We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to build and manage a five-person software engineering team to accelerate the development of social features. The role involves designing and overseeing the construction of an architecture which cuts across a wide range of technology, from low-level, C++ programming on PC and Android through a large-scale server infrastructure.
- Help build and lead a great software team to deliver a world-class software platform.
- Architect and develop Oculus platform features.
- Oversee the infrastructure for the platform services used by all Oculus applications.
- Work with people who have a wide variety of skills, experiences and responsibilities.
- 3+ years Engineering Management experience.
- 6+ years software development experience.
- 4+ years experience architecting, developing and launching software products and/or services.
- Experience with system programming (PC or Android, C++) or server programming.
- Experience designing software systems and services.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience building a large-scale online service.
- Experience with code optimization and performance tuning.
Back to top