Engineering Manager (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As an Engineering Manager at Oculus you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing a next-generation platform for virtual reality. You'll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements by putting yourself in the trenches. You'll guide architecture and delivery of software products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering great consumer software products focused on incredible customer experiences.
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 4+ years of experience managing engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management.
- 3D engine experience
- React or React Native experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top