Engineering Manager, Mixed Reality Gameplay and Experiences
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense - and we're just getting started.
Our Zurich Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
As an Engineering Manager at AR/VR Core Tech you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing a next-generation platform for mixed reality. As a hands-on leader, you will support design and development of mixed reality gameplay and experience prototypes to influence our technology and product roadmaps. The ideal candidate will bring rigor and structure to experience design and solve complex technical challenges while delivering meaningful user experiences.
ENGINEERING MANAGER, MIXED REALITY GAMEPLAY AND EXPERIENCES RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help build and lead rapid prototyping of Mixed Reality gameplay and experiences.
- Work with product management, experience developers, and our computer vision team to help us understand the customer value of mixed reality technology for future AR and VR products.
- Collaborate with User Research to prove out the value of experiences.
- Drive customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Establish a solid project framework and development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with product management and product design teams.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day gameplay and experience development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of professional experience managing 3D gameplay programmers.
- 5+ years experience C++ or C#
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment where goals and requirements may be changing.
- Track record of delivering compelling and innovative gameplay and user experiences into product, including involvement in at least one AAA game.
- Background in gameplay and experience development for VR and AR.
- 3D engine programming experience.
- Experience with the Unity game engine.
- Knowledge in machine learning, Bayesian filtering, and 3D geometry.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Computer Vision Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Manager, Software Test Engineering
Menlo Park, CA
- Software Engineer (Oculus)
- Software Engineer (PhD University Grad)
- Software Engineer Intern, Computer Vision (PhD)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top