Engineering Manager, Media, Facebook Reality Labs
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an Engineering Manager working on the AR/VR Media org at Facebook, you'll manage a team building application features designed to bring people together via mass-social media-centric experiences. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer and manager with a background building the consumer experience in "two sided marketplaces" of consumers and performers that include sharing and social features, and excitement at the notion of delivering this value to the new space of VR. Great leaders in this space might find themselves energetically imagining new ways to experience concerts, expos and conventions, and conjure new opportunities to leverage valuable points of intent from FB family of core apps with simple additions. Experience in 3D interactive technologies is plus, or aptitude for learning these technologies.
- Partner deeply with a team of engineers, product managers and designers to build high quality experiences and architectures that will support a great user journey for AR/VR Media's customers.
- Support and grow engineering team to deliver against product goals.
- Define and manage success metrics across teams.
- Identify opportunities to share technology across teams/orgs.
- Collaborate with other technical and nontechnical teams for success.
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
- 5+ years professional experience as an engineer including hands-on technical team management.
- Experience shipping products requiring stringent runtime performance practices, such as complex mobile or 3D applications or games.
- Experience working across disciplines to drive solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Shipped user-centric products including two-sided marketplace type ecosystems and/or 3D interactive social experiences such as games.
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Quest, Go, GearVR, Daydream, Vive, etc.).
- Complex real time networking experience.
- Exposure to 3D interactive development.
- Experience in game engines such as Unity 3D or Unreal.
- Video codec/streaming knowledge.
Back to top