Engineering Manager - Malware Analysis Infrastructure
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Malware Analysis Infrastructure team is looking for an Engineering Manager with skills and passion for building scalable, sustainable solutions to fight software-based abuse. This person will be responsible for leading, developing and scaling an infrastructure team tackling how software-based abuse affects Facebook Security, Privacy and Integrity.
The team works on some of the most challenging, complicated and high-visibility spaces within Facebook. The potential for impact in this role is substantial, as the work affects billions of users, revenue, and company security.
The ideal candidate will have a background in malicious software, code analysis, scaling infrastructure, making data-driven decisions; they are self-starters, focused on team success.
- Staff and manage a high-performance team in the infrastructure organization.
- Develop and hone strategy to build, scale and expand services focused on software analysis.
- Develop a program to maximize the team's impact, including creating team policies, making process improvements, and working with partner engineering and abuse analysis teams.
- Develop, coach, mentor and ensure high performance in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with partner teams and technical investigations staff across the company and collaborate with broader Security, Integrity and Privacy industry partners.
- 5+ years of leadership/management experience.
- Experience supporting a software engineering team.
- Experience in malware, file analysis, computer forensics, security engineering, security operations, or other network defense and cyber intelligence frameworks.
- Experience shaping strategy and executing against that strategy with prioritization of people and resources.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Security engineers, analysts, project managers, technicians and customers.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience.
- Experience with C++, Python, Hack or other coding languages.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- BS degree in a technical or analytical field (e.g. Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or Information Systems, etc.).
- Working experience with high-performance teams focused on investigations, analytics (e.g. developing data pipeline architecture, organizational metrics and insights into problems) and engineering (e.g. infrastructure, tool development and system design).
- Demonstrated success presenting complex data (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities and global teams in understanding of a complex space.
- Creating signatures as countermeasures.
- Experience working with teams spanning multiple locations and time zones.
- Demonstrated knowledge for understanding the intersection of complex security issues and company priorities.
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, programming language design, compilers.
- Experience with malware TTPs, threat intelligence and how attackers circumvent analysis systems.
- Contributions to Security or Open Source communities (via public research, blogging, presentations, etc.).
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top