Engineering Manager, Enterprise - Seattle
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for creative and experienced engineering leaders to join our Enterprise Engineering group and help build applications & systems to scale the company and to enable our employees to make the world more open and connected. Enterprise Engineering works on applications & systems for various groups, including engineering, sales, marketing, recruiting and HR. We reimagine these products from ground up to define and adapt to our culture, rather than let our culture and processes be shaped by generic offerings that exist in the marketplace today.
Software Engineering Managers at Facebook are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment and for finding innovative, end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations.
The role is a full-time position, based in Seattle, WA.
- Be a combination of a highly-technical hands-on software engineer and an effective people manager.
- Recruit, inspire, and develop team members.
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Work together with product management and UX design teams to design and develop front-end interfaces, underlying APIs and backend systems across different programming languages.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and security of business applications and in-house systems to help scale the company.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years experience managing and growing software engineering teams as a people manager - experience as a hiring manager
- 1+ years experience developing web applications. Medium-to-large, multi-tiered web applications
- Experience with business applications (sales, marketing, recruiting, advertising, etc.)
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Working knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems
- M.S. degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top