Engineering Manager, Data Analytics (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As an engineering manager at Oculus, you'll take part in building the core tech that powers the Rift, the Gear VR and Oculus next generation products. You'll help to deliver key components and systems that power Oculus' computer vision work. The ideal candidate is an experienced engineering manager with a passion for virtual reality.
- Develop the roadmap and vision around data influenced decision making.
- Lead a multifunctional team of data scientists, data analysts and software engineers for providing data pipelines, novel data storage and information retrieval services.
- Manage data collection projects to empower Oculus machine learning and computer vision development.
- Evaluate and define metrics and data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Oversee strategic analysis and present key findings to executives.
- Guide innovative technical system development to enable self-service analysis across the Oculus computer vision team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field.
- 6+ years' of industry or academic experience across analytics and data science.
- 3+ years' of progressive experience managing high performing teams of data scientists, software developers or data analysts.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Communication skills: ability to effectively communicate with business partners, technical partners, and executives.
- Experience with dataset repositories and distributed computing.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top