Engineering Manager, Connectivity Data Infrastructure
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
A critical piece of Facebook's mission is Connectivity - bringing Internet access to the portion of the world that doesn't have it and improving the quality where it already exists. Facebook Connectivity engineering and product teams focus on how innovative new technologies can bring the next one billion people onto the internet around the world. This can only be accomplished through collaboration with the entire ecosystem, including the telecom industry and non-government organizations and through deep understanding of the existing connectivity problems and potential opportunities. We are in search of the world's most creative and experienced engineering leaders to build analytics and business intelligence infrastructure for connectivity. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations.
- Be an effective people manager and leader: provide support for the engineering team, enable individual growth, set clear expectations, hold people accountable, recognize accomplishments and positive impact.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Be highly technical, hands-on engineer and systems architect.
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be the subject matter expert, have strategic influence on the engineering team.
- Drive execution.
- Establish a solid project framework and effective development processes.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Work effectively cross-function with multiple stakeholders across multiple organizations.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams, including hiring and performance management.
- Experience/expertise with Telecom or Mobile market dynamics.
- Experience/expertise building analytics and business intelligence products and infrastructure.
Back to top