Engineering Manager, Computer Vision (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
As an Engineering Manager at Oculus Core Tech you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing a next-generation platform for virtual reality. As a hands-on leader, you'll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. You'll guide architecture and delivery of software products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving complex technical challenges while delivering great consumer software products focused on incredible customer experiences.
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with global hardware and software engineering teams.
- Operate strategically and tactically.
- Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services.
- 4+ years of experience managing cross-functional engineering teams.
- 5+ years experience C++.
- Background in Computer Vision - SLAM, 3D reconstruction, object detection.
- Knowledge in machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, and 3D geometry.
- 3D engine experience.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment where goals and requirements may be changing.
Back to top