Engineering Lead, Growth Product (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. (Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.)
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Growth Product Engineering Manager at Oculus, you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams helping to bring VR to the masses. You'll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements by executing as well as leading. You'll guide architecture and delivery of software products. With our recent successes across Rift and GearVR we've built a loyal fanbase who are incredibly passionate about this new frontier. We're looking for talented engineer managers who are passionate about product and being part of a new industry. If you are motivated by bringing wonder to people's lives, fast iteration with A/B testing and leading engineering teams as part of the best Growth organization in the world then this is your dream job. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. The position is full-time and based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- You will develop features or build systems to solve user problems in our technology stack
- Use data and analytical skills as a key lever to understand user behavior at scale and make product decisions
- Work closely with cross functional partners to drive end-to-end user product changes
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in developing and debugging in PHP/Hack or Java
- Experience with mobile and web technologies
- Experience with multivariate testing and funnel optimization
- MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Experience with continuous build, integration, safe and automatic deployment of large scale services
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top