Engineering Experience Analyst
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Product Experience Analytics Team is responsible for advancing Facebook's advertising business by identifying and collaborating with the product team to implement opportunities that improve the quality of existing and future products. With hands-on software engineering experience, analytics experience, and understanding of product health and the customer experience, the Engineering Experience Analytics team within the Product Experience Analytics Team partners with Engineering to ensure we launch high quality and reliable products to the market. They reinforce that expertise by becoming hands-on familiar with the data, code bases and tech stacks around Facebook advertising and developing a solid knowledge of how our engineering teams operate. Utilizing that critical expertise, we keep the engineering and customer experience at the center of our focus.
Engineering Product Experience Analysts are operational, highly analytical, and great cross-functional collaborators - not only identifying impactful changes Facebook Engineering should make but also driving the implementation of changes based on those insights. This team thrives in ambiguity and is capable of turning Facebook advertising wide engineering improvement opportunities into convincing, data driven stories that influence engineering leadership and first level managers to prioritize quality in the product. Those who join our team are very passionate about improving experiences for others and are strong advocates for engineers and their customers building their businesses on our platform. We need strong analytically capable influencers who can align across engineering partners around creating the best possible experience for our engineers. The Engineering Experience Analytics team is a highly cross-functional team that scales Engineering Excellence and Better Engineering through Frameworks, Metrics, Process, Consulting, and Community to enable quality-safe and rapid growth of Facebook's advertising business.
Facebook is reshaping the world of advertising and the Product Experience Analytics team plays a central role in determining how successful and sustainable we can be.
If you love working with engineers and are passionate about helping others improve, intellectually curious, a fast learner, clever thinker, and have exceptional communication skills, keep reading!
- Leverage operations and data expertise to define processes that improve the engineering experience for Facebookâ€™s ads & business engineering teams
- Explore engineering and customer experience data, develop metrics & goals, and ensure engineering priorities are data-driven and supporting short-term and long-term goals
- Partner with Engineering, Sales Support, and embedded Product Experience Analytics to identify and drive opportunities to improve engineering efficiency and effectiveness
- Define and execute projects that meaningfully shift core metrics in the positive direction. Operationalize and scale initiatives focused on engineering experience across multiple teams and organizations
- Instill a focus on quality in the engineering culture by creating data driven recommendations that influence product teams to prioritize quality projects
- Drive change through influence, and collaborating with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders
- Design, develop, and test Engineering Excellence and Better Engineering related tools that help scale engineering improvements
- Bachelors Degree and 4+ years post-collegiate work experience doing quantitative analysis or Master or PhD with 2+ years work experience doing quantitative analysis
- Analytical experience, with experience solving problems using data and providing business insights
- 2+ years of experience driving improvements with product teams or engineering teams through influence
- 2+ years of experience working with operations, product support
- 2+ years experience with data analysis leveraging SQL, Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, or other data visualization tools
- Experience constructing interpersonal relationships across teams, communicate technical content and analytical insights to multiple audiences
- Work experience in tech, finance, consulting or related industry
- Experience at a software technology company
- 2+ years of experience in Python, R, Perl or other scripting language
- Knowledge of statistics and mathematical concepts
- Degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other tech or math related fields
Back to top