Engineering and Maintenance Coordinator
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.Facebook is seeking a Engineering and Maintenance coordinator to join our data center facility operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Engineering and Maintenance coordinator will be responsible for overseeing maintenance, operations, and projects and assuring quality of procedures, proper QA/QC checks, high standards, and thorough documentation. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, cooling technologies and fire suppression systems. The responsibilities of this role will help coordinate and prioritize a wide range of maintenance projects and processes within the site as well as communicating issues and successes with respective operations groups.
- Responsible for overseeing maintenance, operations, and projects and assuring quality of procedures, proper QA/QC checks, high standards, and thorough documentation
- Assist Facility Manager (FM), Project Managers (PM), and Chief Building Engineers (CBEs) with operational risk management related to conduct of operations and maintenance
- Ensure sound application of engineering practices to address material and design issues
- Drive for improved overall site FacOps maintenance scheduling and planning.
- Actively drive the AEIR (Abnormal Event & Incident Report) report process and thorough root cause analysis
- Collaborate with peers on-site and across regions to share best practices.
- 5+ years in critical facilities operation and maintenance
- B.S. Engineering degree preferred.
- Ability to assess operational risk, make decisions and work with minimal direction
- Ability and desire to lead in a fast paced, hands-on, start-up environment
- Experienced in project and material/maintenance management
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive, service-oriented attitude
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top