Engineer, Manufacturing Infrastructure (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. (Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.)
Our manufacturing systems team is responsible for building and supporting manufacturing infrastructure, connectivity between sites to ensure the success of the Consumer Hardware group.
Oculus is seeking an engineer to design, deploy, and maintain the operations of its consumer hardware manufacturing systems. This individual should have deep technical knowledge and have the ability to discuss and apply technical solutions to business challenges. This position is part of the Enterprise Engineering organization and will be based out of Shanghai.
(For immediate consideration, please send a PDF or DOC version of your resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject field of your email must include Engineer, Manufacturing Infrastructure)
- Responsible for the design, deployment, and support of manufacturing systems and network infrastructure.
- Drive scalable, highly available and performant service deployments for core functions on the line such as Active Directory, BitLocker, MySQL, Symmetric DS, and custom-built applications.
- Maintain all stations on the line: Troubleshooting, Break/Fix, Imaging and Replacement
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Develop strong partnerships with third-party contract manufacturers needed to ensure seamless delivery at manufacturing sites.
- Drive priorities and schedules based on impact level and business requirements to drive to the right decisions.
- Work closely with software and data engineering teams to ensure application environments and infrastructures are built and closely optimized for each other.
- Integrate security into all layers of the environment in order to protect sensitive data stored on systems at third party sites and in cloud environments.
- Ensure excellent support, stability and maximum uptime for manufacturing systems and network infrastructure across globally dispersed sites and cloud environments.
- Foster and maintain cross functional relationships with both technical and non-technical resources with a focus on data driven decision making.
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively.
- Technical degree at the Bachelor's level required.
- 5+ years of Linux and MySQL experience. (CentOS/ Ubuntu).
- 3+ years of scripting experience
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management (Chef, Puppet, SCCM).
- Solid understanding of server hardware and sizing, hypervisor technologies (VMware ESX/ ESXi/ vSphere), and cross-platform integrations (i.e. heterogeneous operating system support).
- Ability and demonstrated talent in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges.
- 2+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, load balancers.
Back to top