Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research is looking for a world-class Engine Programmer to drive the development of next-generation software systems. The successful candidate is an exceptional C/C++ programmer with breadth and depth across various aspects of systems architecture and development, and they will lead our software effort to develop and enable cutting-edge systems in close collaboration with the team driving parallel innovations in hardware.
- Collaborate closely with computer vision, optics, and hardware architects to invent new sensing and imaging hardware and software technologies and investigate their feasibility via rapid prototyping.
- Drive the software technology roadmap
- Develop and extend systems as needed
- Analyze and own trade-offs within systems software, collaborating with counterparts in other domains to drive decisions on the intersection of hardware and software, including performance, schedule, and cost.
- Provide technical leadership to drive all phases of software systems development, from an initial "what it needs to do" early definition phase, and on through specification, architecture and production.
- Hands-on execution including the development, debugging, and optimization of systems ranging from one-off prototypes to large, complex systems.
- 10+ years experience in software development, including low-level system development, operating systems, and development on various platforms.
- Experience in C++ and low-level software implementation, including drivers, firmware, and the fundamentals of processors, memory, and operating systems.
- Communication skills and demonstrated ability to cross multi-disciplinary boundaries to drive optimal system solutions
- Grounding in 3D math, with experience in advanced math and/or rendering.
- Prior experience building and/or managing a team.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top