Engagement Product Manager (Oculus)
At Facebook Reality Labs(FRL), we're developing the future of augmented reality (AR). As an Engagement Product Manager, your job will be helping our team figure out how to gain broader engagement on our prototyping efforts. You'll be a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team contributing to our efforts to gain a scientific understanding of haptics, human perception, audio, input, computer vision, optics, display technology, and whatever else we dream up to create the ultimate AR experience. You will work closely with internal Reality Labs teams, external partners, and vendors to help: define and drive engagement strategies, schedule and track project success, and manage partner relationships. To be successful, you will be eliminating barriers to your team's success, clearly communicating their work to all stakeholders and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific issues. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, and able to use a light touch to find ways to help the team be more effective.
As an Engagement Product Manager, you will be defining our engagement strategy with internal and external partners from inception to release. This requires deep knowledge of the partner's needs and requirements for engagement, ability to work well across all aspects of the broader company, understand and clearly articulate the value of the hardware platforms, get teams excited about the product, and find new and innovative ways for these teams to engage. This role owns the execution strategy and delivery, ensuring that all logistics, tools, programs, and support are driven flawlessly with customer focus maintained throughout. The program development and deliverables should be focused on providing learnings in a timely fashion to drive impact into the product release, translation of the data to be consumable to partner teams, continuous process improvement to provide the highest quality partner engagement, and the ability to listen and drive changes throughout the organization based off of feedback and newly found insights. Extensive travel required.
- Work across the company to map out the scope of engagement, roll out plan, and identify constraints, dependencies, and risks.
- Drive partner engagement and supporting strategy for customer data to improve the quality of our AR hardware prototypes.
- Work with the team to develop the product development and scale-up strategy.
- Work on the strategy for developing software tools and processes to collect and collate data on partner engagement and usage of the platform.
- Operate at different levels of abstraction from high level strategic planning to tactical project management of prioritization, creating schedules, milestones, deliverables, budget, space planning, and resource plans.
- Breakdown the complexity of the technical program to enable a clear understanding of the scope and deliverables to the company, and translate the technical program into clear, actionable technologies/features that the broader company can work on.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the program.
- Proactively identify technical, legal, procedural, logistical, and communication issues and drive creative solutions to fix them and manage risk.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with team leaders to maintain full visibility of the project schedule and potential roadblocks.
- Act as the main channel of communication for key formal discussions and decisions that involve technical team leader, support functions (Legal, Business Development, Privacy, Policy, and Communications) external partners, and other members of the organization.
- Drive communication within team, throughout the broader organization, and to external partners.
- Drive deliverables from external partners and ensure that they have the information and resources needed to succeed.
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- At least 6+ years of experience as a project manager in software and hardware development.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining medium to large scale hardware deployment efforts.
- Experience building strategy and programs to elicit customer feedback to hone and refine technology development.
- Experience understanding and communicating technical information across the full stack of hardware and software to non-experts and elicit excitement and engagement plans to drive early adoption of alpha hardware releases.
- Experience building, coordinating, and maintaining schedules across multiple teams, managing shared resources, and coordinating with a legal team, PR, and Communications on IP or similar issues.
- Interpersonal experience, including experience motivating, resolving conflicts and driving by-in company-wide to support longer-term strategic efforts.
- Organizational and planning experience.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
- Experience building and managing relationships with internal and external partners.
- Track record of transitioning immature or emerging technologies into consumer products.
- Graduate degree.
- Experience driving hardware and software research through product development.
- Experience in research, incubation, or startups.
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team of researchers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, optical engineers, and software engineers.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top