Energy Access Research Program Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Energy Access Program is working to accelerate access to electricity in developing countries in support of our universal connectivity goals.We seek a Program Manager to expand our efforts to improve data and information available to key decision makers in the Energy Access sector. The most competitive candidates will have deep expertise managing projects or programs in an academic or industry research environment in a related field.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to identify, evaluate, design and manage projects addressing critical market information gaps.
- Cultivate and maintain deep up-to-date understanding of energy access research, trends, and stakeholders.
- Measure and evaluate performance of existing initiatives.
- Support broader energy access efforts with research/data-related expertise.
- 8+ years of experience with research and data science in academia, consulting, think tanks, or corporate/commercial settings.
- Track record of leadership in a research context, including design, execution, and publication.
- Ability to forge partnerships and to independently develop and run projects in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Understanding of the energy access ecosystem: technology, policy, key players, business models, primary issues in different geographies, etc.
- Proficiency with R, Python, or other data analytics tools.
- Experience with image processing, machine learning, and neural networks.
- Experience with geospatial analysis, predictive modeling, and relevant tools.
- Experience with software product management.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top