(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented attorney to join as Employment Counsel in our employment law group. This is a full-time position located in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Provide counseling and support for human resources and recruiting organizations, as well as general employment law support for existing employment law team members, including:
- Support senior attorneys on the team with respect to all advice and counseling provided to HR and other cross-functional partners
- Advise HR Business Partners on sensitive terminations, performance management, investigations, and other employee matters
- Assist with employment related projects, including internal processes reviews, new policy roll-outs and implementation, and training programs
- Draft and edit employment related documents and processes
- Manage agency charges, pre-litigation and litigation matters.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar
- Minimum 4 years of experience in labor and employment counseling and/or litigation
- Experience with California employment law, and employment litigation experience
- Experience with counseling on, or litigation related to, California and/or federal wage and hour laws
- Experience with coordinating and driving to completion large-scale projects including litigations
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to provide solutions
- Candidate must be willing to work extended hours when necessary to connect with colleagues in other time zones, and to complete projects
- Willing to travel throughout U.S. and abroad
- NY or CA bar membership
- Experience with international employment issues
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top