Emerging Trends, Community Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram’s community team is responsible for discovering and elevating distinctive voices from our 500 million+ active users. Through editorial, campaigns and outreach moments like InstaMeets, we highlight and connect with voices from the community. As an emerging trends lead on the community team in the US your primary focus will be to surface emerging trends and develop community building and advocacy initiatives, particularly around young people and emerging creatives. This is a full-time position, based in Menlo Park, California.
- Identify young people and other members of the community who are using Instagram in different, surprising or creative ways.
- Being able to analyze and understand emerging trends on Instagram, particularly among younger Instagram users and youth culture
- Develop a USA strategy on emerging trends based on the analysis of trends and behaviors on the platform.
- Adapt to changes and trends as they come on the platform, being able to pivot to new trends and objectives.
- Work with Instagram’s Head of Global Community, Teens Community Lead and the North America Community Engagement Manager to develop high impact moments with young communities.
- Work with the Comms team to proactively highlight surprising trends, young people and other accounts using Instagram in unique or surprising ways. Potential to act as a spokesperson on emerging trends with relevant media.
- Work with colleagues with similar positions across the world.
- Facilitate events for communities around emerging trends and for young people.
- Ability to set, track and organize metrics relevant to this area.
- Understanding of and demonstrable passion for the Instagram community and product
- Create imaginative events with everyday users of the platform.
- 5+ years experience working with emerging trends in social media, particularly in teen or young people media or initiatives.
- Fluency in English to professional standards.
- Demonstrable experience working as a team player, sharing responsibilities and objectives with peers
- A demonstrable ability to formulate strategy and keep track of metrics and goals.
- Ability to work with different teams and being able to pivot as necessary, according to goals and objectives.
- Technical skills and use of social media.
- Experience working with global, cross-functional teams and/or remote working.
- Track record of operating independently, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in an organized manner.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top