Emerging Business Operations & Strategy Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The successful candidate will join the Emerging Business team within Facebook's Global Marketing Solutions (GMS) organization. The Emerging Business team focuses on three things: strategic identification and prioritization of new business opportunities, partnering cross-functionally to drive end-to-end business planning and investment cases, and leading cross-functional execution to incubate and scale the new business after launch.
As the Emerging Business team manages operational and go-to-market planning for some of the most strategic and key business areas related to monetization (including Video, News, Messenger, WhatsApp, Commerce, Instagram etc.), the successful candidate will work across a range of initiatives requiring a broad mix of work - some more strategic/early stage and some more operational/later stage. He or she will partner with and influence stakeholders across the company including product marketing, product management, sales, finance, operations, business development and engineering to provide analytical insights for different business models and setup/scale operations for new business lines. The ideal candidate will be very analytical, structured, detail-oriented with a keen focus on building scalable operations, at ease in complex cross-functional environments and have an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Provide strong problem-solving leadership related to shaping strategic focus and operational approach for emerging business initiatives:
- Identify most critical issues to resolve
- Break down issues into key components and design analytical & operational approaches to identify solutions
- Lead and program manage complex, cross-functional initiatives and launches (i.e. set process, deadlines, deliverables) end-to-end
- Inform, influence, and execute new strategies and operational tactics for new products/business lines
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company including product marketing, product management, finance and sales operations
- Run cross-functional working team meetings efficiently and effectively, with ability to connect dots and influence key decisions
- Run key analyses to assess and flesh out select initiatives through synthesizing external/market facts and data and using internal data sets
- BA/BS in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business or related field)
- 8+ years of work experience in Strategy Consulting, Sales Analytics, Sales Operations, and/or Operations, or 6+ years with MBA/Master's degree
- Experience in project management
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets, both individually or in a group setting
- MBA or Master's degree
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with analytics and modeling, as well as experience in creating forecasting/statistical models
- Experience with online advertising, consumer tech, consulting, or sales operations
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining organization and control
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top