EMEA Loss Control Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Infrastructure Construction Management team builds the data centers that are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Architecting, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost effective online service in the world! The successful candidate will service multiple projects on an on-going basis and provide loss control management oversight to the internal and external teams building our projects. However, the project locations will be spread across the EMEA region. Managing stakeholders located across all regions is a significant challenge and is key to the success of our projects.This position is full-time and located in our Dublin Headquarters.
- Creation, development and implementation of a Construction Loss Control Program to enhance our safety and risk management program for related to our on-going build program in EMEA.
- Coordinate and provide direction, training and mentoring to on site construction teams and internal Facebook stakeholders to implement effective safety methodologies
- Perform risk assessments on new construction and retrofit projects including generation of safe work execution plans.
- Collaborate with our General Contractors to monitor the safety programs on projects sites and maintain a good working relationship to facilitate zero incidents.
- Facilitate incident investigation, root cause analysis and reporting for corrective actions.
- Work in conjunction with Construction Loss Control Program Manager in US and our corporate risk manager to ensure the construction insurance programs reflect the appropriate risk tolerance level for the company.
- Be actively engaged in maintaining cross functional relationships to foster cooperation and enhance safety endeavors
- Coordination of FM Global review and site visits to ensure consistency across that program.
- Ensure internal processes are followed and align expectations early on delivery timelines.
- In conjunction with Construction Management and other Regional Management teams, develop robust safety processes and standards to enable efficiency and effectiveness along with leading effective cross-functional communications.
- Work in conjunction with the team's Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to understand the safety and quality control impacts of new designs, materials and construction methods.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Occupational Health, Safety & Welfare or equivalent Health and Safety degree from an accredited university and/or minimum of ten (10) years professional experience in construction industry mainly focused on Health and Safety.
- Experience working with EU building codes and health & safety regulations.
- Certifications recognized by Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH), the British Safety Council or other institutions well known and respected in the construction industry.
- Experience working within an OCIP environment.
- Demonstrated success in implementation of Environmental Health & Safety enhancement programs.
- Proven ability to partner with team members and contractors to implement change.
- Must hold sufficient industry knowledge to understand the design and deployment of technical electrical and mechanical systems as related to data center construction processes.
- Strong understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast-track design-build process and associated documents and contracts.
- Familiar with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements.
- Familiar with retrofit projects in live mission-critical environments or occupied spaces.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications/reporting skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Considerable (30%) travel within EMEA and occasional travel to US Headquarters are required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top