EMEA Financial Services Vertical Marketing Lead
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s marketing solutions business has a massive growth opportunity in the EMEA Region there are over 100 different countries, but only some of these will create the short term immediate opportunity.
The Vertical Marketing lead for specific industries means we have people aligned to co-ordinate and launch great targeted marketing activities and programs that enable Facebook (and the family of apps and services that make up our advertising platforms) to help as many customers, agencies and people get real value from connecting with business and driving new business growth. The biggest opportunities being with large brand marketers as well as fast-growing DR / performance marketers in digitally native verticals such as Financial Services. Capturing this growth at scale requires:;An understanding of customers and competitors, an analysis of Facebook’s position in the markets for the financial services Industry. ;Working with the global Vertical team – building a compelling value proposition that combine Facebook’s reach, data, technology and products to solve customers’ business problems, and a consistent global story that demonstrates the value FB brings to its customers. ;The creation and upkeep of strategic assets: communication materials that change customer perceptions and actions.
The EMEA Global Business Marketing Team has been in a period of high growth along with Facebook, the team is spread across EMEA and core bases in Dublin, London, Dubai, France and Germany. This role is full time and can be based in any location but preference would be London – as proximity to agency and cross functional partners are based here.
The vision of the Global Business Marketing team is: Facebook helps build your Business, is good for the economy and helps you connect to real people. The mission is to: Demonstrate that advertising on Facebook works and drives the best return. The team is made up of multiple marketing disciplines and we operate in a matrix organization – so many sales, marketing and services functions need to be co-ordinated to successfully deliver impactful programs.
- The vertical marketing lead will work closely with our Global Vertical Marketing team to identify how to grow specific industry verticals – those with the potential to redefine and accelerate adoption of Facebook products across EMEA.
- EMEA CROSS FUNCTIONAL topic expert (SME): Identify what markets, regions in the Financial Services Industry have the most potential for future growth.
- Track or identify ways to measure market share growth and impact of these activities.
- DESIGNER AND PROGRAM MANAGER FOR LOCAL MARKETING ACTIVATION: Define, lead and deliver strategic marketing initiatives for the EMEA region, in close collaboration with channel / country marketing teams, sales, marketing science and creative shop.
- EMEA MARKET LEADER and Originator of Thought Leadership (Content): Proactively develop points of view / strategic activities showing how Facebook can solve key customer challenges and help transform businesses for the digital age. These will include narratives, campaigns and toolkits that sales teams can proactively pitch to their clients.
- DESIGN AND DELIVER GLOBAL CAMPAIGNS and GTM materials : Create sticky, memorable frameworks for digital marketing, brand-building and performance marketing that influence how customers plan their actions across platforms.
- EXTERNAL C level POC and relationship (in partnership with sales org): Accompany/Present at meetings with regional leaders, local country sales. Bringing in broader opportunities for sales to execute against. Help with large RFP/ agency/ client pitches for global / regional deals in vertical.
- Develop Facebook’s proposition in comparison to TV and communicate at scale to marketers in EMEA.
- Create simple yet inspiring ideas for DR marketers to grow their business by using Facebook.
- Develop propositions and narratives for brand customers to use Facebook for Financial Services customers to use Facebook for brand advertising.
- International outlook/experience/sensitivity is important
- A strong passion for, and expertise in Financial Services
- 10-15 years marketing experience
- Experience in sales and/or sales marketing
- Understanding of or have worked in the financial services vertical across Brand and Direct Response type marketing positions.
- Understanding of digital marketing
- Understanding of traditional and digital media
- Understanding of Facebook’s suite of apps and marketing solutions
- Understanding of marketing science and measurement
- Analytical ability and comfort with data ambiguity
- Ability to influence and collaborate across the organization
- Creative thinking and thought leadership
- Senior stakeholder management.
- Travel required.
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Other Benefits Gym Pruhealth Partner Gyms
- UK Holiday Calendar
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 25 Paid vacation days per year
- Posted: 23rd January 2017
- Closing date: 24th February 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top