EMEA Communications Manager, Media
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to help lead strategic communications with the media industry. The role will support Facebook’s News Partnerships team, and continue to help Facebook build strong relationships with our news partners. It will also deliver strategic communications to support Facebook’s news related products, especially News Feed. This person will also be responsible for product launches, managing communications for News Feed ranking changes, and staffing executive spokespeople to industry events.
A key member of the EMEA Communications team, this individual will be responsible for proactive communications campaigns to reach a range of audiences and stakeholders, including industry press, media and tech influencers and third-party groups. This person will also be responsible for working on communications plans with our partners in the news industry, and our presence at industry events across the region. They will need to work with the wider EMEA comms team to deliver activity in a range of countries as well as working closely with our US based news and media team.The position requires a passion for the media industry and Facebook’s products. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to build and lead scalable proactive communications programs, with tangible results. Excellent media and community relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are crucial, in addition to strong relationships within the news publisher and journalist communities.
The position will be located in our London office and will report to the new Head of Communications for Product and Partnerships.
- Devise and execute communications campaigns to articulate and support Facebook’s relationship with news partners
- Devise and execute communications campaigns to position and support News Feed, support product launches and ranking updates, develop and train spokespeople, and manage speaking engagements for executives
- Develop and train spokespeople, and manage speaking engagements for executives
- Build relationships with the media and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson
- Manage a broad range of proactive and reactive projects across the communications team and the region
- Work closely with communications leads in key countries in the region to deliver campaigns
- Work with executives and internal stakeholders across the company including cross-functional partners in product, marketing, policy and research
- Work closely with external PR agencies to lead proactive and reactive PR campaigns, source speaking opportunities, and prep spokespeople
- Develop creative strategies to drive positive press coverage around products and partnerships overseas
- Minimum bachelors degree in communications or related field
- Proven level of professional experience in public relations or journalism environment
- Experience working with corporate, technology, consumer and business media and bloggers
- Experience within the news industry or as a journalist
- Experience managing projects and leading stakeholder projects
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top