Embedded Systems Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As an Embedded Systems Engineer at Oculus, you will research and invent systems to push forward the state of virtual reality across sensing, input, and display.You should be passionate about experimenting with new designs as well as rock solid competent when it comes to implementing them for production. You will directly own design, implementation, and testing of a virtual reality system across the lifecycle from initial conception to mass production.
- Ownership of system design and firmware on hardware projects through integration, test and manufacturing
- Collaborating with electrical and mechanical engineers on the hardware design and implementation process.
- Inventing the future feature set of virtual reality.
- Experimenting with and implementing interfaces to various sensors.
- Developing USB HID based interfaces and bootloaders.
- Writing firmware to drive novel display systems.
- Devising and implementing low-latency network interface protocols.
- Writing programs and scripts as necessary to test embedded systems.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years experience with driver and board-level software system development
- 5+ years experience with board bringup and systems debugging
- Proven ability to drive a subsystem or product to completion
- Experience in solving non-trivial embedded problems under time pressure
- Experience in the design and implementation of subsystem tests
- Ability to drive progress in the absence of top level requirements
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M Microcontrollers
- Familiarity with debugging tools such as bus analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Knowledge of peripheral buses like I2C, SPI, and USB
- Experience with protocol design, specification, and implementation
- Ability to debug and problem solve in unfamiliar code bases and environments
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top