Embedded Software Engineer
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms. We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to support development of ASICs custom-designed for Facebook Reality Labs products. The successful candidate will be part of a team that includes algorithm, user experience, software, firmware and silicon experts. The ideal candidate will understand low-level embedded software development for custom low-power SoC. This is a full-time position based in either our Redmond, WA or Menlo Park, CA offices.
- Support all phases of SoC development - including early architecture requirements definition for custom silicon, firmware architecture, implementation, simulation, FPGA debug, chip bringup and support systems and software teams on algorithm development on validated systems
- End-to-system firmware development to include power-management, boot loaders, scheduling, RTOS and/or bare-metal implementations
- Develop OS custom kernel drivers and APIs for hardware accelerators and peripherals
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and 2+ years of experience in firmware development
- Experience in software design and programming in C/C++ for development, debugging, testing and performance analysis
- Experience in understanding hardware, clock-level issues, bridges, delays, interrupts, clock gating, polling etc.
- Hands-on coding experience with peripherals such as UART, SPI, CSI-2, i2c, GPIO, USB
- Experience with lab instrumentation like oscilloscope, logic/protocol analyzers for debugging embedded systems at HW level
Back to top