Electronics Engineer RTL
(Woodland Hills, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Electronics Engineer to join our Connectivity Lab Team. We believe connecting the world is one of the greatest challenges of our generation, and that everyone deserves access to the knowledge, tools and opportunities that come from being connected. That’s why we, along with other tech companies, launched Internet.org, a global partnership to make the Internet available to the two thirds of the world’s population that doesn’t have it. The Connectivity Lab team has been working on developing new platforms for connectivity on the ground, in the air and in orbit. For all of these systems, the team is looking at Free-space optical communication, a way of using light to transmit data through space using invisible, infrared laser beams. To make this a reality, we need to scale our infrastructure and ensure that it operates efficiently so that we can deliver innovative services. Join us as we build the technical foundation upon which the world shares and connects. This position is located in our Woodland Hills office (near Los Angeles).
- RTL design for Free-Space Optical (FSO) and Radio Frequency (RF) communication terminals
- Interface with hardware, mechanical, power, thermal and software engineers to understand system architecture
- Perform component and system level testing in both laboratory and operational environments
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline with 0 – 3 years of experience or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline with 0 – 3 years of experience.
- Experience in RTL design and implementation of high speed pipelined designs on an FPGA including high speed serial interfaces with Layer 2 experience desired. Knowledge of multiple clock domain and asynchronous interface design.
- Experience with FPGA synthesis and simulation tools: Altera Quartus
- Xilinx Vivado, NCsim, Modelsim.
- Experience implementing digital filters (FIR or IIR), convolution, correlators, PLLs, or FFTs. Knowledge of control systems and robotics is a plus.
- Experience with hardware in the loop testing and validation including the use of network test equipment as well as lab test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and frequency synthesizers. Experience with both RF and optical testbed lab operation and procedures desired.
- Familiar with transmission line theory, RF, electrical concepts, and analysis tools. Experience with analog and digital circuit design, schematic capture and printed circuit board (PCB) layout experience desired.
- Knowledge of Verilog, System Verilog, C, C++,*nix-
- Given the nature of this role, certain candidates may require export license approval under the U.S. export control or trade sanctions laws to be hired. Facebook has unilateral discretion to determine whether to apply for any export license or other approval that may be required. Should Facebook elect to apply for a license, please be advised that there is no guarantee that the United States Government will issue an export license or other approval.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top