Electronics Design Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Connectivity team is developing new platforms for connectivity on the ground, in the air and in orbit, using a variety of technologies, including RF and free-space optical communication. To make this a reality, we need to develop innovative electronic systems for pointing, tracking, and control of these technologies. Facebook is seeking a creative Electronics Engineer to join our Connectivity Team as we build the technical foundation upon which the world shares and connects.
- Design high-speed switching and timing/clocking circuits
- Design multi-voltage rail high efficiency DC power supply circuits for terrestrial and non-terrestrial applications
- Engage in bringing up, debugging and tuning the performance of product in the lab and field
- Develop circuit and layout models of overall system performance and engage in system performance optimization
- Perform circuit signal integrity analysis
- Interface with software, mechanical, power, thermal, and hardware engineers to understand system architecture
- Perform component and system level testing in both laboratory and harsh operational environments
- 5+ years of experience as an Electronics/Electrical engineer in a technology company that has shipped products in volume
- Knowledge of hardware design for Electronic circuits and systems and optionally for Radio Frequency (RF) communication terminals
- Experience interacting with cross-functional groups such as software, mechanical, power, thermal, and hardware engineers to understand system architectures
- Experience with component and system level design of complex electronic devices and modules
- Experience with component and system level testing in both laboratory and operational environments
- Experience with one of the following Schematic Capture and Layout tools: Cadence Allegro, Mentor Graphics PADs, Altium Designer
- Knowledge of signal integrity measurements and calibration
- Hardware knowledge in one or more areas of: microprocessors, digital signal processors, digital interfaces, and RF subsystems
- Experience with part screening and qualification via a method such as NASA's Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical (EEE) program (or similar)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top