Electrical Test Engineer, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Electrical Test Engineer Intern to join our Server Design Team. Our servers and data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. The co-op will work closely with hardware design engineers in the team to thoroughly test and validate our fully customized server hardware. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Understand server system architecture, hardware feature and implementation, by studying server system specification and discussing with related engineers
- Create board and server test plan to make sure electrical design meeting the specification
- Execute test plan, keep organized test result and publish report
- Diagnose and troubleshoot test failure found in lab test and data center, by working with engineers and external vendor
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in electrical or computer engineering or related field
- Familiar with lab equipment and test method to do electrical test and measurement on board and system
- Trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Communications skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2018
- Familiar with server architecture and components
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top