Electrical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Electrical Specialist for our Altoona, IA data center. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The Electrical Specialist will be a part of the Facility Operations team and will be responsible for being the electrical system technical operations expert. The candidate will need to be experienced in the following critical systems: power distribution ranging from 13.2kV to 120VAC and associated controls systems, UPS systems, DC Power, low voltage and fire alarm, and have a working knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Serve as a technical/consultative resource of electrical infrastructure systems and equipment.
- Hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Assist in authoring processes, procedures, and reporting metrics.
- Analyze data to assist development of predictive maintenance plan.
- On-site Lead for root cause analysis activities in area of expertise.
- Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on electrical equipment and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships for mechanical equipment.
- Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions.
- Travel to other data center regions.
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED)
- 6+ years Electrical Journeyman level experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering plus 3+ years experience will be considered in lieu of 6+ years Journeyman experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience interpreting blueprints/CAD drawings
- Knowledge of CMMS systems
- Knowledge of critical facilities operations
- Job Conditions and Demands:
- Regularly walk job site areas of flat and uneven terrain
- Work at varying heights and from ladders
- Use hands and fingers
- Reach/push/pull with hands/arms/shoulders
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- May lift and/or otherwise move 45 pounds or more
- 6+ years experience in a data center or other critical environment
- Trade Certification or state license in Electrical
- Professional affiliations (7x24 Exchange, IFMA, Data Center Pulse, etc.)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top