Electrical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Electrical Specialist for our Prineville, OR data center. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The Electrical Specialist will be a part of the Facility Operations team and will be responsible for being the electrical system technical operations expert. The candidate will need to be experienced in the following critical systems: power distribution ranging from 13.2kV to 120VAC and associated controls systems, UPS systems, DC Power, low voltage and fire alarm, and have a working knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Serve as a technical/consultative resource of electrical infrastructure systems and equipment.
- Hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Assist in authoring processes, procedures, and reporting metrics.
- Analyze data to assist development of predictive maintenance plan.
- On-site Lead for root cause analysis activities in area of expertise.
- Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on electrical equipment and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships for mechanical equipment.
- Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions.
- Some travel to other data center regions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 7+ years Electrical Journeyman level experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 3+ years relative experience will be considered in lieu of 7+ year Journeyman experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- 7+ years experience in a data center or other critical environment preferred
- Trade Certification or state license in Electrical preferred
- Professional affiliations (7×24 Exchange, IFMA, Data Center Pulse, etc.) preferred
- Working knowledge of CMMS systems
- Working knowledge of critical facilities operations
- Job Conditions and Demands:
- Regularly walk job site areas of flat and uneven terrain.
- Work at varying heights and from ladders.
- Use hands and fingers
- Reach/push/pull with hands/arms/shoulders
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- May lift and/or otherwise move 45 pounds or more.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top