Electrical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Electrical Specialist for our Clonee data center. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The electrical specialist will be a part of the facility operations team and will be responsible for being the electrical system technical operations expert. The candidate will need to be experienced in the following critical systems: power distribution ranging from 20KV to 240VAC and associated controls systems, UPS systems, DC Power, low voltage and fire alarm, and have a working knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Serve as technical/consultative resource of electrical infrastructure systems and equipment.
- Hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Assist in authoring processes, procedures and reporting metrics.
- Analyze data to assist development of predictive maintenance plan.
- On-site lead for root-cause analysis activities in area of expertise.
- Some travel to other data center regions.
- Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on electrical equipment and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships for electrical equipment.
- Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions.
- Working knowledge of critical facility operations.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments.
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings.
- Seven (7) years' experience in a data center or other critical environment preferred.
- Seven (7) years SME Journeyman level experience.
- National Craft Certificate, or equivalent.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top