Electrical Engineering System Test Engineer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks an Electrical Engineering System Test Engineer who has experience working with teams for consumer electronics and mobile products. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Hardware system validation and characterization engineer for Building 8 Electrical Engineering Team
- Own design stage and early manufacturing stage HW validation and characterization , documentation, and test tracking
- Define hardware system quality and validation strategy for new consumer electronics products for such subsystems as high-speed interfaces, power, RF, EMC/ESD, sensors, display, touch, audio and camera.
- Work cross-functionally with Electrical Engineering, RF, Antenna, Software and Contract Manufacturers to validate and deliver products from concept to mass production.
- Drive root cause analysis and issue resolution with the internal and external partner teams.
- Educate and train CM/JDM test engineers to create required HW test setups.
- Create HW test plans and work with the design team to ensure test functionality is enabled at the design stage.
- Track test progress, bugs, and fixes and produce regular progress reports.
- Create and document test methodologies for all non-mechanical HW subsystems.
- Work closely with the factory test team and ensure alignment of validation and characterization plans with factory test plans.
- Present timely, concise reports design readiness and integrity to stakeholders.
- Participate in the of design of new features through DFM, functional test development, and quality control.
- Contribute to DFM best practices in the product design process.
- Leverage ODM/CM's to maximize the focus of our internal resources on adding value and differentiation to our product.
- Drive resolution of technical issues between cross-functional teams: Electrical, Mechanical, SW, Quality, Reliability as well as the various CM/JDM teams
- Convert large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to stakeholders and organizations at all levels.
- Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Track Project Schedule for all phases of PCB and FPC design/fabrication/test including Design, Prototyping, PCB/FPC Bring-up, System Bring-up and Production Ramp
- Experience with mobile SOC architectures and vendors.
- Strong team player and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, cross-functional groups and vendors against plans.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics or related fields.
- Understanding of hardware system design and verification and knowledge of overall system architecture of mobile products.
- Hands-on engineering program management driving key programs as an individual contributor.
- Experience with consumer electronics products, mobile platforms and audio and video technologies.
- Experience working with ODMs and CMs, as well as JDM development.
- High-tech industry experience with a track record of hands-on product development, program management, project management or engineering management.
- Communication skills.
- Knowledge of Analog/Mixed signal/ RF design process, tools/flows and methodologies and life cycle.
- Ability to multi-task and manage designs across several projects simultaneously.
- Close technical requirements with cross-functional teams, manage issues, and track bugs.
- CE process flow proto/EVT/DVT.
- PCB FPC fab process.
- System integration process .
- 5+ years of experience working with Electrical Engineering teams.
- 5+ years experience working with Analog, RF and/or Mixed-Signal PCB's and FPC's.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top