Electrical Engineering Manager
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an Electrical Engineering Team Lead on the Facebook Reality Labs Product team supporting input devices, you will fulfill a critical role by designing, building, and testing prototype electrical systems for future consumer VR and AR experiences. You will lead a team of engineers incubating research into product level readiness. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, are able to drive a concept into a prototype and then mature the design to high-volume consumer product solution. Your primary role will be split between supporting a small team of EE's and providing technical leadership on one of many prototyping efforts. You should be able to create a board definition and implement with electrical schematic and layout, bring-up, troubleshoot, and ready these devices for small-batch research prototyping efforts.
Our Electrical Engineers have experience in embedded design and mixed-signal design. These systems will have ASICs, uControllers, uProcessors, FPGAs from simple to large, displays, audio, inertial sensors and accelerometers, haptic interfaces, camera sensors, and high speed I/O. Familiarity with CAD tools like Cadence Orcad, Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx, is required. The ideal candidate would be comfortable designing mixed high speed digital circuit boards, getting them built, and be experienced in troubleshooting at the board and system level.
- Lead Electrical Engineering activities in a cross-functional hardware team.
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into electro-mechanical systems.
- Work across the full product development cycle, from concept inception to shipping product.
- Manage wide variety of stakeholders while leading process definition.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in experiments which combine mechanics, optics and software.
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Specifying components.
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom solutions.
- Incubating new technologies into research prototypes.
- Assess assignments, give direction and assist in defining priorities for the team.
- Provide management, career guidance and mentorship to team.
- 5+ years of experience along with a BS in Digital System Design/Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience leading or managing a team of engineers.
- Experience with schematic and board design using Cadence Orcad, Altium or equivalent.
- Experience with use of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators.
- Experience with circuit design in high speed differential circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, uProcessors, firmware, or programmable logic based development.
- Experience programming in C, creating initial system bring-up code as well as debug and test code as needed.
- Experience working independently and managing priorities.
- Creative problem solving experience.
- Experience with VR/AR systems.
- Experience with high speed signalling over DP, MIPI, HDMI, and USB SS.
- Experience with IMUs or physical sensor systems with an understanding of calibration methods.
- Proven record leading cross functional teams to execute product development on schedule.
- Proven record of successfully managing teams.
- Proven record of managing careers and careers development for led teams.
- Experience with audio.
- Experience programming in other languages like Python/Java/C#.
- MS in Digital System Design/Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Organization and documentation skills are key in order to share, refine, and iterate designs in the future.
Back to top